CocoFlax Hooligan is going to bring out the inner surf rampage, break down the traditional surf style rules and mix things up on the wave with an aggressively modern andclassic style!
This Kym Thompson, high-performance longboard, breaks the rules with quick and dynamic carving, combined with traditional style for intermediate- to advanced surfers. The use of uni-directional Flax Fiber rails means stronger rails and less fiberglass on your board.
Not shaving down a complete blank, but using precision-molded blanks that require infinitely less shaping is also a great way to reduce the amount of dust by 95%.
Rail: Full, tucked edge
Bottom: Concave into Vee
Ideal waves: 1- 6ft
Level: Beginner – Expert
Cocoflax Hooligan Design:
- A CocoFlax Hooligan design combines the responsiveness of a narrow shortboard tail plus rail profiles to create a longboard that carves unlimited lines and hits the lip.
- The advanced surfer will appreciate loads of hollowed V under the feet to give quick rail-to-rail turns.
- Use a small single fin for small surf then add side biters and larger center fin as wave size and power increases.
- The Flax version of the Hooligan comes with a tail patch for additional durability, while the Blue version does without it, tipping the scales a little less. The NSP Hooligan is a Kym Thompson shape.
- The Hooligan comes with a center slot and two FCS II boxes for quick fin installation and release.
- The round tail is a key element in the Hooligan’s unusual agility.
Cocoflax Hooligan Fins:
The CocoFlax Hooligan is available with either FCS ll side fin box set-up or NSP’s new FTU fin boxes (compatible with Futures® fins) and Surf 10 center fin box.